- "I figured it out. The wing suit guy is stealing from Damage Control. What he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. All I gotta do is catch him!"
- ―Peter Parker[src]
Spider-Man: Homecoming is a 2017 superhero film directed by Jon Watts based on Marvel Comics character, Spider-Man. A reboot of the Spider-Man franchise, the film is a sequel to Captain America: Civil War and is the sixteenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was released on July 5, 2017 internationally and on July 7, 2017 in the United States.
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging superhero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May (Marisa Tomei), under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.). Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture (Michael Keaton) emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.
Following the Battle of New York, Adrian Toomes and his salvage company are contracted to clean up the city, but their operation is taken over by the Department of Damage Control, a partnership between Tony Stark and the U.S. government. Enraged at being driven out of business, Toomes persuades his employees to keep the alien technology they have already scavenged and use it to create and sell advanced weapons. Eight years later, Peter Parker is drafted into the Avengers by Stark to help with an internal dispute, but resumes his studies at the Midtown School of Science and Technology when Stark tells him he is not yet ready to become a full Avenger.
Parker quits his school's academic decathlon team to spend more time focusing on his crime-fighting activities as Spider-Man. One night, after preventing criminals from robbing an ATM with their advanced weapons from Toomes, Parker returns to his Queens apartment where his best friend Ned Leeds discovers his secret identity. On another night, Parker comes across Toomes' associates Jackson Brice and Herman Schultz selling weapons to local criminal Aaron Davis. Parker saves Davis before being caught by Toomes and dropped in a lake, nearly drowning after becoming tangled in a parachute built into his suit. He is rescued by Stark, who is monitoring the Spider-Man suit he gave Parker and warns him against further involvement with the criminals. Toomes accidentally kills Brice with one of their weapons, and Schultz becomes the new Shocker.
Parker and Ned study a weapon left behind by Brice, removing its power core. When a tracking device on Schultz leads to Maryland, Parker rejoins the decathlon team and accompanies them to Washington, D.C. for their national tournament. Leeds and Parker disable the tracker Stark implanted in the Spider-Man suit, and unlock its advanced features. Parker tries to stop Toomes from stealing weapons from a D.O.D.C. truck, but is trapped inside the truck, causing him to miss the decathlon tournament. When he discovers that the power core is an unstable grenade, Parker races to the Washington Monument where the core explodes and traps Leeds and their friends in an elevator. Evading local authorities, Parker saves his friends, including his fellow classmate and crush Liz. Returning to New York City, Parker persuades Davis to reveal Toomes' whereabouts. Aboard the Staten Island Ferry, Parker captures Toomes' new buyer, Mac Gargan, but Toomes escapes and a malfunctioning weapon tears the ferry in half. Stark helps Parker save the passengers, but then takes away the suit as a result of his recklessness.
Parker returns to his high school life, and eventually asks Liz to go to the homecoming dance with him. On the night of the dance, Parker learns that Toomes is Liz’s father. Deducing Parker's secret identity from Liz, Toomes threatens retaliation if Parker interferes with his plans. During the dance, Parker realizes Toomes is planning to hijack a D.O.D.C. plane transporting weapons from Avengers Tower to the team's new headquarters, dons his homemade suit and goes after Toomes' lair. He was first ambushed by Schultz, but defeats him with the help of Leeds. Inside his lair, Toomes destroys the building's support beams and leaves Parker to die. Parker escapes the rubble and intercepts the plane, steering it to crash on the beach near Coney Island. Parker and Toomes continued to fight, ending with Parker saving Toomes' life after the damaged Vulture suit explodes, and leaving him for the police along with the plane's cargo. After her father's arrest, Liz moves away, and Parker declines an invitation from Stark to join the Avengers full-time. Just as he returned home, Parker noticed that Stark gave his suit back secretly, which he puts on in his bedroom only for his Aunt May witnessed him in the suit.
In a mid-credits scene, an incarcerated Gargan approaches Toomes in prison. Gargan has heard that Toomes knows Spider-Man's identity, but Toomes denies that if he knew what he was, he would be killed, before he was called up by guard to visit his family.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes / Vulture
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Zendaya as Michelle Jones
- Donald Glover as Aaron Davis
- Tyne Daly as Anne Marie Hoag
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Laura Harrier as Liz Toomes
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz / Shocker
- Michael Chernus as Phineas Mason / Tinkerer
- Michael Mando as Mac Gargan
- Logan Marshall-Green as Jackson Brice
- Jennifer Connelly as Karen
- Angourie Rice as Betty Brant
- Abraham Attah as Abe Brown
- Martin Starr as Roger Harrington
- Garcelle Beauvais as Doris Toomes
- Hemky Madera as Delmar
- Tiffany Espensen as Cindy Moon
- Isabella Amara as Sally Avril
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Jason Ionello
- Michael Barbieri as Charles Murphy
- J.J. Totah as Seymour O'Reilly
- Ethan Dizon as Tiny McKeever
- Kerry Condon as F.R.I.D.A.Y.
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Stan Lee as Gary
On April 12, 2016, the movie's title was officially confirmed to be "Spider-Man: Homecoming". On April 13, it was reported that Michael Keaton was in negotiations for the role of an unknown villain, but he dropped out of the project one week later.
On May 20, 2016, Michael Keaton was reportedly back in talks, and entered in final negotiations.
On June 14, 2016, It was reported that Donald Glover had been cast in an unknown role.
On September 23, 2016, Tom Holland officially wrapped his scenes in Atlanta and moved to New York City.
On October 3, 2016, the movie wrapped in production.
- NEW SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SYNOPSIS AHEAD OF TRAILER CONFIRMS VULTURE
- Kevin Feige Reveals When SPIDER-MAN, THOR 3, and More Start Filming
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Loses Michael Keaton as the Villain
- Robert Downey Jr. Joins The Cast Of Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Michael Keaton Closing Deal to Play Villain in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Donald Glover Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Logan Marshall-Green in Talks to Join Michael Keaton in Spider-Man: Homecoming (Exclusive)
- Martin Starr Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- SDCC 2016: Spider-Man: Homecoming Introduces Its Villain
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming': Tom Holland Jet Sets From Atlanta Into New York
- SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Wraps Filming With An Exhausted Cast And Crew
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Films:||Captain America: Civil War | Spider-Man: Homecoming | Avengers: Infinity War | Avengers: Endgame | Spider-Man: Far From Home | Spider-Man: No Way Home|
|Characters:||Spider-Man | Captain America | Iron Man | Winter Soldier | Falcon | Happy Hogan | Pepper Potts | Aunt May | Ned Leeds | Liz Toomes | Flash Thompson | Aaron Davis | Michelle Jones|
|Enemies:||Vulture | Shocker | Jackson Brice | Tinkerer|
|Locations:||Avengers Facility | Avengers Tower | Midtown School of Science and Technology|