|Name:||Peter Benjamin Parker|
|Portrayed by:||Andrew Garfield|
Max Charles (young)
|First appeared:||The Amazing Spider-Man|
|Last appeared:||The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
- "This life is not an easy one; I've made enemies, powerful enemies, put those I love in danger... but the one thing that has haunted me, my entire life, is find the truth about my parents."
Spider-Man is based on the character from Marvel Comics and created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Peter Parker is a high school student, later superhero who was bitten by a genetically-altered spider, thus transforming him into a successful cross-species. He is the son of late scientist Richard Parker and his wife Mary Parker. Spider-Man battles many foes throughout the Amazing Spider-Man duology of films, such as the Lizard, Electro, the Rhino, and Harry Osborn a.k.a. Green Goblin. He was portrayed by Andrew Garfield and he is the main protagonist of The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- "We all have secrets: the ones we keep... and the ones that are kept from us."
At a young age, Peter Parker's parents are said to have died in a plane crash, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Peter attended Midtown Science High School where he was an unpopular student, being bullied by jock Flash Thompson. Whilst a school field trip he first met Gwen Stacy whom he fell in love with. On that same field trip Peter was bitten by a radioactive spider, which gave him enhanced agility, strength, speed, durability, a spider-sense, and the ability to crawl on walls. He then created web shooters for himself and donned a brand new costume, taking the name "Spider-Man", and chose to protect the city as a superhero for the greater good.
He then met with Dr. Curt Connors, who was an old colleague of his father, and helped him to finish a serum, which Dr. Connors then would later use on himself, transforming him into a monster known as The Lizard. Deeming it to be his fault and responsibility, Peter makes it his duty as Spider-Man to stop the Lizard and save New York City.
Peter fought The Lizard twice, once in the sewers, while Spider-Man was testing out his camera and the Lizard attacked and tried to kill him, because he did not want the citizens of New York to know of his existence and again at Peter's school, after The Lizard found out that Peter was Spider-Man, he battled him through the hallways of the school while students evacuated, when it looked as though the Lizard was going to kill him, Gwen Stacy intervened and attacked The Lizard with a trophy. The Lizard left the school and went back beneath the waters and into the sewers.
Atop Oscorp Tower, The Lizard planned to use a reptilian DNA sample to infect the citizens of New York City with. Spider-Man arrived to stop what Connors was doing, but was stopped himself by The Lizard. The two faced off, resulting in the narrowest of victories for Spider-Man. As George Stacy held off The Lizard, Peter climbed to the device The Lizard was using and planned to install the healing DNA that Captain Stacy had given to him. Unfortunately, Stacy was seriously injured by the beast, as it had impaled Stacy in the chest. Spider-Man eventually stopped The Lizard and joined Captain Stacy for his last moments who made him promise to keep Gwen safe by not involving her with his life.
- "“You know what it is I love about being Spider-Man? Everything!”"
Spider-Man is seen in pursuit of criminals carrying a truck full of plutonium (dangerous radioactive chemicals) through the city. Whilst talking to Gwen Stacy on the phone, he sees a vision of her late father, Captain Stacy, and is reminded of the promise he made to stay away from Gwen. During the chase, he saves the life of a man named Max Dillon. Afterwards, Peter meets Gwen at their high school graduation ceremony where the two share a kiss. However, later in the evening, Peter tells Gwen about the visions he's been having and insists that he needs to keep his promise in which Gwen breaks up with Peter.
Upon hearing the news of Harry returning to New York City and the death of Norman Osborn, Peter Parker visits Harry and the two are reunited after ten years. Later that night, Peter meets Gwen in attempt to maintain a friendship, and Gwen tells Peter that an opportunity to Oxford University means she has to move to England. Before the two can discuss it, Max accidentally shuts off the power to Times Square whilst looking for electricity to power himself. Max is seen all over time square where he is actually seen. Spider-Man attempts to calm the situation down. Spider-Man then saves people from his destruction. As Electro is replaced by Spider-Man all over Times Square which Electro then thinks Spider-Man is nothing but selfish. But after the police try to snipe him, Max thinks that Spider-Man has betrayed him, Spider-Man tries to calm him down but fails and Electro, in rage, attacks. Spider-Man eventually stops him and he is taken to Oscorp to be tested on.
Harry begins to show symptoms of his illness and uses the device his father gave him to deduce that Spider-Man's blood could help save him. He asks Peter for help finding him but Peter refuses, unsure of what effects the transfusion would have, fearing another incident like with Connors. Parker visits Harry again, this time as Spider-Man, but again refuses. He then goes to Gwen Stacy and finds her then tells her about the situation and also gives her luck.
Peter uses information left behind by his father to locate the video message Richard left. In it, Richard explains that he had to leave New York because he wasn't willing to go along with Norman Osborn's plans to use what they had created for biological weapons with his research.
Peter then receives a voicemail message from Gwen, telling him that she was offered the job in England and was heading to the airport to fly there earlier than expected because of an earlier class. Peter manages to catch her and professes his love for her, and the two agree to go to England together. They are interrupted by a blackout caused by Electro. Peter takes Gwen down where the police are and Gwen helps him with his web-shooters to go against Electro. Peter heads off to fight with Electro having the upper-hand. As Electro has Spider-Man in the air and is electrocuting him, Gwen comes in a police car and hits Electro, against Peter's demands. The two plan to defeat Electro by overloading his electricity supply.
Just after they do so, Harry Osborn arrives, now as the Green Goblin , and figures out Spider-Man’s identity and that he wants revenge for being refused the life saving blood transfusion. Goblin takes Gwen and drops her where Spider-Man catches her. The two fight at the top of a clock tower, and Spider-Man manages to subdue the Goblin. However, during the fight, Gwen falls and is supported by a web connected to one of the gears. The gears gives way which causes to cut the web, and Gwen again falls. Goblin is then defeated and Peter tries to save Gwen using his web. As Peter webs to catch her, she hits her head on the floor dying instantly from the impact.
Five months pass and Spider-Man is nowhere to be seen in New York, as Peter spends every day at Gwen's grave. Meanwhile, Harry Osborn is visited by an unknown identity who tells him that they have found a man suitable of operating a large suit of armor developed by Oscorp. The man is Alexsei Sytsevich - the criminal stopped by Spider-Man once before. He attacks the city streets in the mech-suit, going by the name The Rhino. Peter is inspired by a recording of Gwen's graduation speech and makes his return as Spider-Man to fight Rhino.
Powers and Abilities
Spider Physiology: After being bitten by a genetically engineered spider, Peter Parker attained several spider-like abilities, becoming a cross-species himself. The complex mutagenic enzymes in the spider's blood that were transferred at the time of the bite triggered numerous body-wide mutagenic changes within Parker, granting him superhuman strength, speed, toughened flesh, and a spider-sense.
- Superhuman Strength: Peter's muscles are stronger and more efficient as a result of the spider's bite. He is shown to be able to easily overpower normal humans, pull apart guns, destroy his alarm clock by merely hitting it, shattering the backboard of a basketball hoop at school, and doing the same to his front door glass panel when he slammed it, swing at high velocities on a rope or web, and was able to hold a van with one hand while hanging from a web. His strength also allows him to jump and leap higher and farther than a normal human, easily capable of jumping from one building over a street to the next.
- Superhuman Speed: He can run much faster than a regular human and can easily catch up to speeding vehicles.
- Superhuman Durability: As a result of his mutation, Peter's muscles and flesh are tougher than a normal human. He was capable of surviving fall from hundreds of feet in the air, hit by a taser, and smashed into brick walls with only minimal injuries and discomfort.
- Superhuman Agility: Due to his incredible strength and flexibility, Peter is extremely acrobatic and is able to preform high jumps, somersaults, flips, and etc. He's roughly fifteen times more agile than a normal human. Peter is able to perfectly balance on any object no matter how small or narrow with little effort even with standing on two fingers.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Peter's reflexes operate so fast that with the assistance of his 'danger' sense, he is able to easily evade gunfire even from close range he's reflexes are roughly faster than that of a regular human.
- Superhuman Stamina: He has a greater stamina than a normal human meaning he can perform physical activities for an extended period.
- Enhanced Senses: His senses are heightened, especially when used in conjunction with his spider-sense. His sight is repaired as he no longer uses his glasses. He has even used his webbing to sense vibrations for potential enemies much like most real spiders.
- Enhanced Hearing: Peter is able to hear any danger, via spider sense while he hear that it also may warn him of any danger.
- Spider-Sense: A tingling sensation in Peter's skull warns him of danger, where it is coming from and how to avoid it, the stronger the tingling, the more imminent and threatening the danger is and that Peter can ignore it through intense concentration, and if he is exhausted or distracted it can lose some effectiveness. This power is passive and not fully controlled by Peter.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of his engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Spider-Man's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object. This ability appears to be consciously used. Although can be activated by stress or altered states of consciousness as seen twice when he awakens from a slumber.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Spider-Man's accelerated metabolism gives him a faster and more extensive regeneration rate than normal humans. He may also be more immune to toxins and alcohol and drugs or could rapidly lose their effects quicker as well as retain his athletic physique with minimal exercise. It is unknown if his healing is fast enough to affect his aging. He healed from the slashes that were on his chest and a gunshot wound to the leg without medical attention.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Peter is very smart, specifically in chemistry and physics. He is smart enough to perfect his father's webbing formula and to construct working mechanical web-shooters. He also apparently solves a formula that is key to creating the formula that mutates Curt Connors into the Lizard.
- Expert Skateboarder: Peter is a very skilled skateboarder and skated everywhere he went, even before the spider bite.
- Master Acrobat: Due to his superhuman physical abilities, Peter easily surpasses normal acrobats and is able to preform somersaults, flips, spins, cartwheels, etc.
- Skilled Combatant: Using a mixture of his superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, speed, equilibrium, Spider-sense, and web-shooters, Peter is able to utilize an devastating acrobatic fighting style that makes him a formidable opponent and allowed him to easily take down thugs, cops and even the more physically powerful Lizard.
- Mechanical Web-Shooters: Spider-Man created mechanical web shooters that go on his wrist. Spider-Man can utilize his artificial webbing in various ways, such as using it to catch crooks and web swing.
- Richard Parker † - Father
- Mary Parker † - Mother
- Benjamin Parker † - Uncle
- May Parker - Aunt
- Gwen Stacy † - Girlfriend
- Flash Thompson - Rival turned Friend
- Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard - Mentor turned Temporary Enemy
- George Stacy † - Ally
- J Jonah Jameson - Boss
- Harry Osborn/Green Goblin - Best Friend turned Enemy
- Max Dillion/Electro † - Fanatic turned Enemy
- Aleksei Sysevich/The Rhino - Enemy
|Webb Film Series|
|Films:||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Characters:||Peter Parker/Spider-Man | Gwen Stacy | Harry Osborn | Mary Jane Watson | Uncle Ben | Aunt May | George Stacy | Flash Thompson | Norman Osborn | Ashley Kafka | Rajit Ratha | Donald Menken | Felicia Hardy | Alistair Smythe | Richard Parker | Mary Parker | Kari|
|Enemies:||The Lizard | Electro | The Green Goblin | Rhino | The Black Cat | Ultimate Goblin | Gustav Fiers | Cash Register Thief|
|Locations:||The Daily Bugle | Oscorp Industries | Oscorp Tower | Midtown Science High School | Beloit Psychiatric Hospital | Ravencroft Institute|
|Video Games:||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|